- Creative New Zealand *
- NZ Film Commission *
- NZ Symphony Orchestra *
- New Zealand Music Commission **
- Royal New Zealand Ballet **
- Te Matatini **
- Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga (formerly NZ Historic Places Trust Board) *
- Māori Heritage Council (of Heritage New Zealand) *
- National War Memorial Advisory Council *
- Te Papa *
- Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision New Zealand (formerly New Zealand Film Archive)**
- Antarctic Heritage Trust **
- Te Māori Manaaki Taonga Trust ***
- Pukaki Trust **
- NZ On Air *
- Broadcasting Standards Authority *
- National Pacific Radio Trust *
- Radio New Zealand International ****
* Ministers appoint to the above organisations and the Ministry for Culture and Heritage supports the appointment and governance processes.
** Ministers are not involved in the appointments to these entities but the Ministry for Culture and Heritage has a monitoring role on behalf of Ministers and assists boards if requested by them.
*** Ministers appoint but Te Puni Kōkiri has the lead support role.
**** Ministers appoint to this Board and the Ministry for Culture and Heritage monitors the Charter aspects of this ‘public’ broadcaster and also assists the Commercial Operations Group, The Treasury on appointments.
Updated on 7th October 2019