How can I read an ebook?
You need a computer or electronic device, such as a tablet, smartphone, or dedicated ereader, with ebook reading software, such as Kindle, iBooks, or Kobo apps. Dedicated ereaders include Kindle, Kobo, Nook and many more. These all come with ereading software installed. Ereading software is available - often for free - for most tablets, smartphones and computers.
What file should I chose?
The epub file can be read on all ereaders except Kindle. Kindle users should select the mobi file.
How to read your eBook using the EPUB version
The reading device you intend to use (iPhone, iPad, Android phone, e-reader or computer) will inform the steps you need to follow.
The guidance below links out to websites providing instructions for each device. (Please note MCH is not responsible for, nor makes any claims to, the content of these external links.)
- For iPhones We recommend using Apple's iBooks app and uploading the epub file via iTunes or using Dropbox.
- For iPads We recommend using Apple's iBooks app and uploading the epub file via iTunes or using Dropbox.
- Alternatively, we also recommend using the Readmill app for iPads and iPhones and following their instructions for uploading the epub file.
- For Android phones We recommend using the Bluefire Reader app and following their instructions for uploading the epub file.
- For e-readers (non-Amazon Kindle) If you are using any non-Amazon Kindle e-reader (such as those manufactured by Kobo, Sony or Barnes & Noble) we recommend connecting your e-reader to your computer and side-loading the epub file.
- For computers (laptops and desktops) We recommend downloading Adobe Digital Editions and following their instructions for uploading the epub file.
How to read your eBook using the mobi version
The mobi version is the file to use if you have any Amazon Kindle reading device. We recommend following Amazon's instructions on how to upload the mobi file.
Thanks to Bridget Williams Books Ltd for assistance in putting these FAQs together.
Updated on 20th July 2016