Ceremonies at the National War Memorial
A detailed seismic assessment report has recently been completed on the National War Memorial Building. While Manatū Taonga Ministry for Culture and Heritage works through this report and make sure it understands any implications, the decision was made to temporarily close the building. Pukeahu National War Memorial Park remains open.
Annual national commemorations have been changed to a new format in response to the closure of the National War Memorial and Hall of Memories.
These will now take the form of Acts of Remembrance (wreathlaying ceremonies), which will be held at the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior.
List of 2022 ceremonies at Pukeahu
- Anzac Day – 25 April
- Korean War commemoration – 25 June
- Vietnam Veteran's Day – 18 August (cancelled due to adverse weather)
- Merchant Navy Day – 3 September
- Malaya/Malaysia/Borneo commemoration – 16 September
- Coastwatchers commemoration - 15 October (re-watch the livestream here).
- Armistice Day – 11 November.
Updated on 14th November 2022