Which publications are not eligible for this initiative?
The intent of this initiative is to provide relief to New Zealand based organisations that produce publications with primarily journalistic content, that have been negatively impacted by Covid-19 and that have yet to receive significant relief from the media support package.
As such, the following exclusions apply:
- Publications that benefited from the advance purchase of news subscriptions
- Blogs and social media platforms
- Periodicals produced by or for an organisation that primarily report on the activities or promotes the interests of the organisation
- Periodicals produced by or for an organisation providing goods or services in which the main goal of the periodical is to promote the sales of the goods or services
- Periodicals produced by or for an organisation that promotes the organisation's main business, when it is not periodical publishing
- Professional association periodicals
- Academic publications
- Periodicals produced by or for a government, a Crown Entity, or a government agency
- Periodicals whose editorial content is primarily reproduced or repeated from current or previous issues of the same periodical or other publications
- Loose-leaf periodicals
- Periodicals contained within another publication
- Periodicals with editorial content that is made up of more than 50% of the following, singly or in combination: listings, catalogues, magalogues, directories, guides, financial reports, schedules, calendars, timetables, comic books, cartoons, puzzles, games and horoscopes.
Updated on 22nd September 2020