Manatū Taonga (Ministry for Culture and Heritage) is able to sponsor up to 20 Managed Isolation Quarantine (MIQ) rooms per month to support the sector. The first applications for the month of December 2021 closed on Tuesday, 23 November. We expect to invite requests for January shortly.
Note: An MIQ room is able to fit two adults and two young children. The maximum number of adults per room is two. The adults are generally closely related but on occasion an application can be made to the Ministry of Health for non-related adults to share. Children over the age of 12 are counted as an adult.
Before you begin: Please check that you:
meet the cultural sector criteria. The general criteria for applicants coming to work in New Zealand are that:
- they are integral to the viability of the activity
- their activity cannot be reasonably undertaken from outside of New Zealand
- the activity is of national significance or of cultural significance, or would have a significant impact on New Zealand's international reputation
- there is no person locally that could fill the role
- they have tried other avenues to secure MIQ space and will continue to attempt to secure a position via the MIQ online system
- have read and meet the New Zealand government’s requirements about travel to New Zealand
- have your current passport and/or visa details
- have collated evidence (and can provide this electronically) to support your application
- Note: Evidence could include emails or correspondence between you and event organisers or an employment contract.
Complete the form: Application form to request Cultural sector MIQ spot [PDF 603KB] and send it with a copy of your passport and any evidence to: [email protected] by Tuesday 23 November.
Eligibility check: We will assess your application to make sure it meets the eligibility criteria.
Selection process: If over-subscribed, eligible applications will go through a lottery process to determine who receives a spot.
Notification: Applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as decisions are finalised.
What you should do…
Continue to try and secure a spot via the MIAS system. If you are able to secure a spot, please notify us by email immediately: email: [email protected]
Updated on 25th November 2021