We would like to obtain as many images as possible to illustrate the biographies on the Dictionary of New Zealand Biography website (http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/biographies) and we need your help.
We have nearly 3,000 portraits and other illustrations associated with biographies on the site, but we still require images for some of the more elusive people:
- Do you hold a photo or portrait of a Dictionary of New Zealand Biography subject?
- Is that person without an image on the website?
- Can we publish the image on the website?
- If it is a photograph, may we borrow it to copy?
- If it cannot be lent, could we arrange to have it copied?
To ensure the best possible quality for website publication, we require digital images that meet these standards:
- Image resolution of 300 dpi or higher.
- Image saved as an uncompressed TIFF file.
- Image preferably saved on a CD or emailed at the above standards.
For copyright reasons, we cannot publish images that are scanned from copyright publications or accept images for which copyright and permissions have not been established.
Image submission form
Click here to download the form. This should be filled out and sent with your image.
To make enquiries about contributing an image to the Dictionary of New Zealand Biography website, please contact us.
Updated on 7th October 2019