Creative New Zealand - Arts Council of New Zealand Toi Aotearoa
Established in 1994 from a range of arts bodies, Creative New Zealand is the national agency for the development of the arts in New Zealand.
The Ministry manages the Crown relationship with Creative New Zealand administering its funding and appointments to its Council and monitoring its reporting and performance measures.
The Arts Council of New Zealand Toi Aotearoa Act 2014 which streamlined the governance of Creative New Zealand commenced on 01 May 2014.
- Chief Executive - Stephen Wainwright
- [email protected]
- Tel (04) 473 0880 or 0800 CREATIVE (273 284)
- Postal Address - PO Box 3806, Wellington 6140
- Physical address is Level 2, 2-12 Allen Street, Te Aro, Wellington 6011.
Arts Council of New Zealand - Creative New Zealand Arts Council
All members of the Council are appointed by the Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage. Māori member appointments to the Council must be done in consultation with the Minister of Māori Affairs.
The new Arts Council replaces the three statutory boards and a statutory committee under previous legislation. The Arts Council continues to operate under the name Creative New Zealand.
Board Membership (expiry term in brackets):
- Michael Moynahan - Chair (April 2020)
- Caren Rangi - Deputy Chair (April 2020)
- Hon Luamanuvao Winnie Laban (March 2022)
- Michael Prentice (June 2020)
- Roger King (September 2022)
- Garth Callaway (April 2020)
- Dean Whiting (March 2022)
- Briar Grace-Smith (March 2022)
- Janine Morrell-Gunn (September 2022)
- Riria Hotere-Barnes (September 2022)
- John Ong (September 2022)
- Robyn Hunt (November 2023)
- Kura Moeahu (November 2023)
Updated on 11th May 2020