The Ministry administers a number of Acts of Parliament and Regulations relating to the arts, culture, broadcasting and sports sectors.
- Anzac Day Act 1966
- Arts Council of New Zealand Toi Aotearoa Act 2014
- Broadcasting Act 1989 (Parts 1 to 4 and section 81)
- Cultural Property (Protection in Armed Conflict) Act 2012
- Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981 (section 20 is administered by the Ministry of Justice)
- Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga Act 2014
- Massey Burial-Ground Act 1925
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa Act 1992
- National War Memorial Act 1992
- National War Memorial Park (Pukeahu) Empowering Act 2012
- New Zealand Film Commission Act 1978
- New Zealand Symphony Orchestra Act 2004
- Protected Objects Act 1975
- Radio New Zealand Act 1995
- Seddon Family Burial Ground Act 1924
- Sovereign's Birthday Observance Act 1952
- Te Kāhui o Matariki Public Holiday Act 2022
- Television New Zealand Act 2003
- Waitangi Day Act 1976
- Canterbury Earthquake (Historic Places Act) Order 2011 (2011/231)
- Cultural Property (Protection in Armed Conflict) (Convention Emblem) Regulations 2013
- Cultural Property (Protection in Armed Conflict) (Forms) Regulations 2013
- New Zealand Flag Notice 1986
- Radio New Zealand (Assets) Order 1992
- Television New Zealand (Separation of Transmission Business) Order 2003
- Television New Zealand (Assets) Order 1994
The New Zealand Legislation website at legislation.govt.nz is now a source of official legislation.
Read more details about what official legislation means, and which versions are official on the Parliamentary Counsel Office website.
The Ministry's enforcement policy is available below.
Updated on 14th April 2022