The New Zealand Oral History Awards (NZOH) provide financial help for the recording of interviews relating to the history of New Zealand/Aotearoa and its close connections with the Pacific.
Projects submitted for consideration should contribute significantly to our understanding of New Zealand’s past and its people.
2018 applications close on Friday 04 May 2018 at 5pm.
New Zealand Oral History Awards for 2017 are:
- Judith Aitken - Women in a disabling world, $3,500.00
- Golden Bay Museum Society - Golden Bay Women in Farming, $3,000.00
- Linda Hepburn - South Island Rowing – A History, $10,000.00
- Ruth Greenaway, Mahajabeen Padamsee & Peter Buchanan - The research legacy of women Mycologists in Aotearoa / New Zealand, $7,000.00
- Economic and Social Research Aotearoa (ESRA) - Hidden histories: Voices from a network of Autonomous : peoples’ organisations originating from the Auckland Unemployed Workers’ Rights Centre 1983 – 1999, $9,000.00
- Lena Fransham - Talking About Otito Reserve : What the Community Knew, $2,300.00
- Dr Grace Maia Millar - The Wellington Clerical Workers Union Oral History Project, $4,800.00
- Te Au Mārie 1769 Sestercentennial Charitable Trust - Mapping our Stories Oral History Project, $6,300.00
- Aaron Fox - Children of the Revolution: Communist Childhoods in New Zealand, $6,300.00
- Renee Liang - A Place to Stand: Intergenerational Oral Histories of Croatians based in West Auckland, $4,800.00
- Prue Langbein - Seven by Twelve – Voices of New Zealand Children, $6,750.00
- Ross Webb - Drawing the line on Union Influence’: The Meat Workers Union and the Talleys / AFFco, $6,000.00
- Dr Nadia Gush - Out and About: Lesbian Social Life in the 1980s, $5,250.00
- Joanna Petrie - Korero mai e te Whare. Ask that Whare, $6,375.00
- Robyn Tauroa - Sailors Seeking Cultural Refuge, $5,000.00
- Melissa Matutina Williams & Whina Te Whiu - He Puna Maumahara no Te Unga Waka Marae: an enduring source of stories, 1966 – 2016, $10,000.
Read a related media release about the 2017 recipients:
Updated on 1st March 2018