Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa (Te Papa)
Te Papa was established in 1992 under its own Act. Te Papa is an autonomous Crown entity for the purposes of the Crown Entities Act 2004. It receives approximately fifty per cent of its funding from the Crown and its Board reports to the Minister on its performance through the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.
Visit Te Papa's website for their Covid-19 coronavirus updates.
- Chair – Dame Fran Wilde
- Chief Executive - Courtney Johnston
- Kaihautū - Arapata Hakiwai
- [email protected]
- Tel (04) 381 7000
- Postal Address – PO Box 467, Wellington 6011
All members of the board are appointed by the Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage. The board shall consist of no fewer than six and no more than eight members.
Board membership (expiry of term in brackets)
- Dame Fran Wilde - Chair (Sep 2021)
- Sir Peter Gluckman (March 2020)
- Caren Rangi (Nov 2021)
- Jacinta Ruru (Nov 2021)
- Jackie Lloyd (June 2022)
- James Daniels (June 2022)
- Andy Lowe (Nov 2022)
- Cameron Harland (Nov 2022)
Updated on 17th March 2020