New Zealand Symphony Orchestra - Te Tira Pūoro o Aotearoa
Since being established in 1946, the orchestra has undertaken a range of activities including education programmes, accompanying opera, ballet and festival productions, commercial recording, broadcasts, international touring and film scores.
The Ministry manages the orchestra's relationship with the Crown and administers its government funding.
- Chair – Laurence Kubiak
- Chief Executive – Christopher Blake
- Tel (04) 801 3890 and 0800 479 674
- Postal Address - PO Box 6640, Wellington 6141
All members of the board are appointed by the Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage. The New Zealand Symphony Orchestra Board must consist of not fewer than five members and not more than eight members.
Board Membership (expiry term in brackets):
- Laurence Kubiak – Chair (June 2022)
- Dame Bronwen Holdsworth (Aug 2018)
- Peter Biggs (May 2021)
- Paul McArthur (July 2019)
- Clare Murray (May 2022)
- Daniel Wong (July 2019)
- Laurence Kubiak (May 2020)
Updated on 4th June 2019