New Zealand Symphony Orchestra - Te Tira Pūoro o Aotearoa
Since being established in 1946, the orchestra has undertaken a range of activities including education programmes, accompanying opera, ballet and festival productions, commercial recording, broadcasts, international touring and film scores.
The Ministry manages the orchestra's relationship with the Crown and administers its government funding.
- Chair – Laurence Kubiak
- Chief Executive – Peter Biggs
- [email protected]
- Tel (04) 801 3890 and 0800 479 674
- Postal Address - PO Box 6640, Wellington 6141
All members of the board are appointed by the Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage. The New Zealand Symphony Orchestra Board must consist of not fewer than five members and not more than eight members.
Board Membership (expiry term in brackets):
- Laurence Kubiak – Chair (June 2022)
- Geoff Dangerfield - Deputy Chair (May 2023)
- Paul McArthur (July 2020)
- Clare Murray (May 2022)
- Daniel Wong (May 2021)
- Edwin Read (May 2022)
- Ainsley Walter (May 2023)
Updated on 15th June 2020