New Zealand Film Commission - Te Tumu Whakaata Taonga
The Film Commission provides loans and equity financing to New Zealand film-makers to assist in the development and production of feature and short films. Active in sales and marketing of New Zealand film it also organises participation at major international film festivals and markets.
In June 2014, the government announced the formation of Screen New Zealand, a new ‘virtual agency’ that formalises the collaboration of three existing screen agencies. The New Zealand Film Commission, Film New Zealand and NZ On Air will work together on a number of specific projects under the umbrella of Screen New Zealand. The New Zealand Film Commission and Film New Zealand joined forces from 1 August 2015.
The Ministry manages the Film Commission's relationship with the Crown and administers government funding.
- Chair - Kerry Prendergast
- Chief Executive - Annabelle Sheehan
- [email protected]
- Tel (04) 382 7680 or 0800 659 754
- Postal Address – PO Box 11546, Manners Street, Wellington 6142
All members of the board are appointed by the Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage. The New Zealand Film Commission Board will consist of not less than six and no more than nine persons.
- Kerry Prendergast – Chair (June 2019)
- John McCay (January 2022)
- Paula Jalfon (January 2022)
- Brett O’Riley (Janurary 2022)
- Sandra Kailahi (March 2021)
- Ant Timpson (March 2021)
- Pania Gray (October 2022)
- David Wright (October 2022)
Updated on 28th January 2020