News: 9 March 2023
Update 12 April 2023.
The State of National Emergency that was declared due to Cyclone Gabrielle has ended.
A National Transition Period for the recovery is in place in Northland, Auckland, Waikato, Tairāwhiti and Hawke's Bay regions, as well as the Tararua, Masterton, Carterton and South Waikato districts. Read more on the Civil Defence website.
Local updates are provided by Civil Defence Emergency Management Groups.
Financial support available:
- Civil Defence Welfare Support Grant
- Civil Defence Payments
- Work and Income urgent or unexpected costs - 0800 400 100
- MBIE Temporary Accommodation Service
- MPI Farmer and Grower Recovery grants
- MSD Community Support package
- Te Papa Helping Hands Grant
- TPK Māori Development Fund package
Regional business support:
- Auckland Council Emergency Relief Fund
- Government grants for recovery support - grants of up to $40,000 are available for businesses, employers, self-employed people and sole traders in seven regions:
Non-financial support for businesses:
We will update this webpage with available support, and send updates via our newsletter. Sign up to recieve updates here.
Updated on 22nd May 2023