Te Tahua Whakakaha | Cultural Sector Capability Fund
Ngā pātai me ngā whakautu | Questions and Answers
If your question isn’t answered below, please email the team at [email protected].
1. How was the cultural sector involved in designing the Capability Fund?
Manatū Taonga engaged with the sector on the draft approach for the Capability Fund in September 2020 via an online survey and targeted focus groups.
The feedback we received confirmed the purpose and scope of the Capability Fund and informed refinements to the fund outcomes, more targeted eligibility settings, and the development of funding priorities and delivery settings.
2. Why was round one focused on cultural sector leadership organisations?
The first round provides funding for cultural sector leadership organisations to deliver projects that build the capability of the individuals and/or organisations they support or represent.
Many individuals, organisations and businesses in the sector are represented by, or associated with, a leadership organisation which means they can benefit from projects delivered through this funding.
By focusing on these leadership organisations, we’re aiming to leverage existing connections and expertise and encourage collaboration to benefit a wide group of organisations and individuals.
3. Who will make decisions on which applications are funded?
Applications will be evaluated by a panel, administered by Manatū Taonga and including members with sector knowledge and expertise. Based on the evaluation panel recommendations, decisions on the allocation of funding will be made by Manatū Taonga.
4. How will you prioritise applications during the evaluation and decision-making process?
Higher priority will be given to applications that demonstrate one or more of the following:
- collaboration and/or collective benefit
- benefit to regions and communities outside of the main centres
- benefit to independent artists or practitioners
- benefit to Māori.
5. Will all successful applicants receive the full amount requested?
The panel considers applications against the fund outcomes and priorities and may make a recommendation to award a different level of funding than the amount applied for. Any proposed changes to the funding amount requested would be discussed with the applicant to confirm next steps.
6. When will I find out if my application is successful?
7. When will I receive funding?
8. Who will be eligible for round two funding?
9. When will round two open and close?
The timing for round two has not been confirmed yet. You can sign up to our e-newsletter for updates about future rounds.
Updated on 12th March 2021