This section of the annual report describes our funded agencies’ performance against the cultural sector goals and objectives (outcomes) for 2013/14.
The Ministry is uniquely placed in the cultural sector to have an overview of the full range of sector activities and issues, and to inform thinking, within government and the sector, on how support for culture can contribute to the Government’s goals.
The Government funds a wide variety of cultural activity through Vote Arts, Culture and Heritage, and Vote Sport and Recreation. The Ministry and our funded agencies are working together in a cohesive and collaborative sector, while delivering in a diverse range of areas.
Our funded agencies are:
- Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga
- Radio New Zealand International
- Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision
- Sport New Zealand
- Creative New Zealand
- Royal New Zealand Ballet
- New Zealand Symphony Orchestra
- New Zealand Film Commission
- Drug Free Sport New Zealand
- Te Matatini
- Te Papa
- New Zealand Music Commission
- Broadcasting Standards Authority
- Antarctic Heritage Trust
- NZ On Air
Updated on 23rd July 2015