New Zealand Film Commission - Te Tumu Whakaata Taonga
The Film Commission provides loans and equity financing to New Zealand film-makers to assist in the development and production of feature and short films. Active in sales and marketing of New Zealand film it also organises participation at major international film festivals and markets.
In June 2014, the government announced the formation of Screen New Zealand, a new ‘virtual agency’ that formalises the collaboration of three existing screen agencies. The New Zealand Film Commission, Film New Zealand and NZ On Air will work together on a number of specific projects under the umbrella of Screen New Zealand. The New Zealand Film Commission and Film New Zealand joined forces from 1 August 2015.
The Ministry manages the Film Commission's relationship with the Crown and administers government funding.
- Chair - Kerry Prendergast
- Chief Executive - Dave Gibson
- Tel (04) 382 7680 or 0800 659 754
- Postal Address – PO Box 11546, Manners Street, Wellington 6142
All members of the board are appointed by the Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage. The New Zealand Film Commission Board will consist of not less than six and no more than nine persons.
Board Membership (expiry of term in brackets):
- Kerry Prendergast – Chair (June 2019)
- Chris Hampson (June 2017)
- Ross McRobie (June 2017)
- Ian Taylor (June 2018)
- Jane Hastings (June 2018)
- John McCay (September 2018)
- Pania Tyson-Nathan (August 2019)
- Tom Greally (August 2019)
Updated on 12th May 2017